Thursday, 28th of February 2019, 10:00-11:30 CET
|10:00-10:05||Welcome and approval of the agenda|
|10:05-10:10||Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement)||54th MIG-T meeting 2019-01-31|
MIWP actions status reports
- 2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters
- 2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic Viewer
- 2017.1 Master Guidance
- 2017.2 Alternative Encodings
- 2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data
- 2017.4 Validation & conformity testing
- 2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019
- 2019.2 Improving availability of INSPIRE data
- Registry and register federation
Update on SDW activities
- Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)
- Action 3 (WFS 3.0)
- Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)
- Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)
|11:00-11:15||A proposal for an alternative encoding for geopackage||Presentation MIG-T GeoPackage.pdf|
News from standardisation bodies
AOB / Information points
The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using checkboxes and are tracked in the "Open actions" section below.
The meeting was attended by experts from ES, MT, PL, FI, NO, SR, PT, SE, UK, BE, IT, DK, HU, DE, EL, IS, AT, IE, NL, EEA and JRC.
|Agenda item||Notes / Actions|
|Welcome and approval of the agenda & previous meeting minutes|
The agenda was approved without changes.
|Minutes of the previous meetings||The minutes of the previous meeting were approved without changes.|
2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters
- The administrative process to start the contracts of the facilitators is still ongoing, therefore the launch of the new platform (having a new look & feel and including the new cross-cutting Clusters on tools and technologies) is postponed.
- The activity on Thematic Clusters is progressing well.
|2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic Viewer|
- The next meeting is scheduled on March 12.
- A methodology is under development and will be discussed at the meeting, which analyzes how countries are doing in making priority data sets available.
|2017.1 Master Guidance|
- No news - the work will continue during the summer in order to have the first document ready for October.
|2017.2 Alternative Encodings|
- The last meeting took place on February 1:
- The next meeting was planned for March 1, but had to be postponed to mid-March (date still tbd) since the Contractor was not able to provide the updated document due to illness.
|2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data|
- The analysis of GML usability in the different client applications is progressing well (see the GitHub repository).
- A workshop with the Contractors is planned for April 2019.
|2017.4 Validation & conformity testing|
- Improvement proposals to the INSPIRE Reference Validator agreed by the sub-group members have been put forward to be included in the roadmap of ETF development.
- The new ATS/ETS for View Services (WMS/WMTS), SOS Download Services and MD TG 2.0 are currently under testing from JRC staff; ATS/ETS for WCS Download Services are under development and planned to be released and tested by the end of March.
- The cloud instance of the Validator is currently available:
- it will be used as the staging environment to check the latest developments and bug fixes;
- when testing is completed (end of March), the new ATS/ETS will be deployed on this instance and announcement will be made to the community.
- Depending on the performance of the staging environment in the cloud instance, the production environment may be also moved to the cloud.
|2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019|
- The updated reporting system was opened for testing.
- A sub-group meeting was held on February 16:
- the spatial scope code list was discussed; some fine-tuning is still needed before sharing it with MS.
- the computation of the indicators will be done jointly based on:
- the availablity of metadata and data on the Geoportal;
- the results of the validation in the Reference Validator.
|2019.2 Improving availability of INSPIRE data|
- Security checks are still ongoing after the security incident.
- The Geoportal will be hopefully open again next week, with:
- the updated results of the harvesting;
- the chance for MS to start using the new harvesting console.
- An extensive report on the Geoportal workshop (January 23-24) is under preparation and will be shared by March 8 (the materials and results are already available in the MIG collaborative space).
- Once the Geoportal will be up and running, the new approach on data-service linking will be tested with the MS which expressed interest.
|Register and registries|
- JRC staff had a meeting with the National Land Survey of Finland, where it was agreed to share the development of the Re3gistry v. 2.0:
- a roadmap for development and testing is under preparation;
- a first delivery (open for testing) is foreseen for April, the final delivery before summer.
- In the coming months a number of external code lists will be added to the INSPIRE Registry.
|SDW Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)|
- See the above notes on 2019.2.
|SDW Action 3 (WFS 3.0)|
- There is an ongoing OGC meeting in Singapore, with a number of meetings on WFS 3.0:
- there are still 36 open issues but the work is progressing well - release candidate is foreseen for July/August;
- another hackathon for implementers will be probably held in mid-2019;
- activities related to extensions (e.g. vector tiles) are postponed to a later step.
- No additional feedback on the discussion paper about the mapping of INSPIRE IR for Network Services with WFS 3.0.
- JRC: schedule a session at the next face-to-face meeting for discussion on this.
|SDW Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)|
- Marcin presents the preliminary idea for the workshop:
- target audience: people specialized in web development and publication of spatial data and/or SEO experts;
- gather experiences and best practices from MS regarding SEO;
- based on this, push the activity forward;
- participation: launch a call for abstracts for MS experts, to schedule presentations from 5 to 20 minutes;
- All: communicate interest to participate to Marcin and Michael.
- outcome: recommendations.
|SDW Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)|
- No report from this Action after the discussion during the Paris meeting.
- Emilio reports about a relevant project where some MS are participating, which can be useful for discussion at the face-to-face meeting. Also Ouns offers to present about national experiences in Flanders at the face-to-face meeting
- Emilio, Ouns and Carlo: prepare a presentation for a session on this at the face-to-face meeting.
|A proposal for an alternative encoding for geopackage|
- Some tests using GeoPackage as alternative encoding format for INSPIRE data have been performed (slides available here):
- on two themes of Annex I (GN and AU), using existing Spanish data sets;
- transformations have been performed by loading data in their native formats (shapefile and PostgreSQL database) inside a GeoPackage, then transforming it using INSPIRE schemas;
- results show good performance, also with big data files;
- Emilio: share the final report with the MIG-T.
- JRC: schedule a session at the next face-to-face meeting (jointly with Action 2017.2) for discussion on this.
|News from standardisation bodies|
- Jari presents the new OGC OWS Common Security Standard (see slides) which allows to implement Information Assurance controls and to advertise their existence in an interoperable way with minimal impact to existing implementations using a backwards-compatible approach.
- This is relevant to INSPIRE, as emerged during the Geoportal Workshop in January.
- JRC: schedule a discussion at the next face-to-face meeting, to define which actions to do on the INSPIRE side.
|AOB / Information points|
- Informal preparation of the INSPIRE Conference 2020 in Dubrovnik has started with the appointment of the Program Committee.
- INSPIRE Workshop 2019 in Finland is foreseen for October:
- dates and topics not yet fixed, a call is foreseen for next week;
- JRC: provide updates on the Workshop in the next meeting.
- Next face-to-face meeting will be in Ispra, from 9:30 of April 3 to 16:30 of April 4:
- draft agenda briefly shown by Michael
- up to 10 people can be funded
- all: contact Michael if interested in funding
- JRC: share draft agenda