The Design rules have been defined with 3 objectives in mind:
- provide web sites users with a coherent user experience
- address the specific needs of some types of communication, such as campaigns or events
- define a clear governance model for the organisation
They are based on the 3 types of EC branded websites:
- Core websites: host general information shared by many different websites or departments. They serve as hubs for onward navigation to further thematic or specific content.
- Standardised websites: are separate technical instances that host thematic content detailing, for example, policies for which the owner DG/Agency is responsible.
- Harmonised websites: host specific content that answers a particular communication purpose including, for example, campaigns and web information systems such as databases.
|By end of 2020, all Commission websites must implement the new design components.|
All EC-branded websites must