- if possible, offer an alternative HTML version of the file
- for PDFs
- make sure they follow the PDF/UA standard (this request can be added to contracts with third parties)
- add extra meta tags to describe the page as clearly as possible
- keep the layout simple
- don't use images to represent text, as they require an extra step to be parsed
- Never use xxx for user data's placeholder. Use the a more informative version (e. g. insert your name / surname / age instead)
When creating and linking these files you must respect the accessibility guidelines.