- respect accessibility guidelines
- comply with the relevant rules on logos and icons
- respect the specific design components rules summarized below
For more detailed information, see
Summary of rules on specific design components
(1) If a DG feels it is not appropriate to mention the class name, they should contact DG Communication Europa Web Communication (COMM B3) unit
(2) Usage of logos is not allowed unless an exception has been granted. See Logos and icons.
The components available in the Europa Components Library are categorised as follows:
- Mandatory – ECL components that must be used.
- Recommended – the ECL provides recommended components. There can be exceptions, i.e. requirements that go beyond the ECL – for example, on campaigns.
- Contextual – elements that may or may not feature on a page, depending on the communication and/or functional needs – for example Login. Where the element features, use the ECL component.