All department pages for the European Commission's 53 departments and executive agencies have already been created using the department content type on the EC branded core website. Therefore, there is no need to create a new Department page, simply refer to the existing page on the core site. Departments are listed in the 'Departments and Executive Agencies' list view of the European Commission website.
Human Resources (HR)
- updating CVs, biography timeline (if they exist) and roles of Director-Generals, Deputy Director-Generals and other persons appearing on department pages that have been created using the person content type(persons lower than Deputy level should not be added). Note: only for positions from Deputy Directors-General to further up the hierarchy and Acting roles are not published. DG HR does not update person profiles for Executive Agencies.
- removing/adding/exchanging persons on all department pages when their role changes (person content type), except Commissioners
- making changes in Commissioners
- overall supervision of the department pages
- adding the links to the meeting agendas of Director-Generals and their Deputies if it is missing or needs updating
Secretariat-General (SG) and SG uploads new management
- uploading new plans and activity reports every year
- DG Communication adds reports to each DG's department page
(if they have access to CMS)
- updating the links to the plans and reports uploaded by the SG in the sections mentioned above
- adding or updating organisation charts
- making other content changes they need (according to our rules), e.g. mission statement, adding news articles that do not come from Rapid the Press Corner, or changing related links
- creating a new biography timeline on a person page (updates can be done by DG HR)
are responsible for creating and updating all of the above, including:
- Person person pages that primarily appear on the Department page of an executive agency
- organisation charts
- any other content changes, e.g. mission statement, adding news articles not coming from Rapid the Press Corner, or changing related links.
A department page must be made available in all official EU languages. Remember to re-translate all affected pages when updated. See more on how to request a translation.