- Supporting insect habitats and structural diversity in agricultural landscapes;
- Restoring and connecting insect habitats in other landscape areas;
- Enhancing protected areas as insect habitats;
- Reducing the use of pesticides;
- Reducing inputs of nutrients and pollutants in soil and water;
- Mitigating light pollution;
- Intensifying research – strengthening knowledge – closing gaps;
- Improving funding – creating incentives;
- Promoting civic commitment.
The German Action Programme for Insect Conservation is available in English and German.