The French pollinator plan covers the period 2021-2026 and is structured along 6 axes:
- Improvement of scientific knowledge;
- Economic and support levers for farmers, beekeepers and foresters;
- Support for other activity sectors (urban development, linear infrastructure, industrial sites, sites with large land holdings, protected areas);
- Preservation of bee health;
- Regulations for the protection of pollinators during the application of plant protection products;
- Sharing pollinator-friendly agricultural practices.
The plan sets out concrete measures in favour of wild pollinating insects and honey bees to restore their habitats and improve their available food resources, as well as to restore the ecological services provided by pollination.