The main objectives of the Education class content are to support EU countries' activities around education (education is a member country competence), by providing content:
- that introduces on ec.europa.eu/info information on policy cooperation in education and training
- about policy - the shared challenges; how policy objectives are set and how progress is measured
- that directs users to information on the support the EU provides on, for example, how to set up an education and training project
- on how to obtain funding for education projects
- about cooperation between education institutions
- on how to study or teach abroad, as well as the available educational exchange opportunities
- concerning scholarships and study programmes
- about teaching methods, together with teaching materials
- on skills and qualifications; how individuals can best present their skills and qualifications; and insights into the employment market's evolving needs
The class links to the Jobs at the Commission class.
As with other classes, the Education class architecture is based on research and analysis of top tasks, user needs,
organisational goals and analytics.
The top tasks and organisational goals are listed below.
List of tasks included in this class
|4||Education and training in EU||3.7%||Top|
|31||Recognition of educational, professional qualifications||1.3%||Small task|
For the Education class:
- facilitate and promote geographic and occupational mobility – of students and young people to increase employability,
as part of Jobs, Growth and Investment priority
- attract the highest quality applications for funding to increase reach; encourage social inclusion; improve quality of what's funded;
increase the impact of funding
- improve policy-making
- inspire new projects - sharing results; promoting success stories (case studies); promoting best practices
- support the Union's external action by capacity-building in partner countries; cooperation; promoting mobility; increasing the attractiveness
of European higher education institutions
Read more on Process to define the 15 classes: original research
For more information
Please contact the appropriate Europa account manager.