The top-level architecture of the European Commission website comprises 15 thematic classes. The classes are the highest level of menu labels, giving access to all information provided on the EC branded web presence.
The classes are:
- About the European Commission
- Aid, Development cooperation, Fundamental Rights
- Business, Economy, Euro
- Energy, Climate change, Environment
- EU regional and urban development
- Food, Farming, Fisheries
- Funding, Tenders
- Jobs at the European Commission
- Live, work, travel in the EU
- News, Publications, Events
- Research and innovation
Process to define the 15 classes
The structure of the EC branded web presence is based on extensive external user research with stakeholders (DGs and people using EC websites) between September 2014 and February 2015.
See Process to define the 15 classes: original research for more information on the class definition process.
Contact and support
Need further assistance on this topic? Please contact the team in charge of Europa Domain Management (EU Login required).