Europa Analytics allows to track, analyse and understand better website audience.
This is crucial to ensure online communication is targeted and cost-effective.
It ensures data protection compliance by:
- integrating with the corporate Cookie Consent Banner (CCK)
- respecting the “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser setting
- applying anonymisation of visitors IP address.
The Europa Analytics team provides the following support to users across European Commission departments:
- set-up and configuration of websites
- bug fixing and improvements
- coaching and training
- data insights and analysis.
Europa Analytics is the corporate web analytics service of the European Commission.
- No other analytics tool or service may be used. Third-party services are not allowed on European Commission Websites
- All new European Commission websites and revamps must include Europa Analytics
- Each webmaster is responsible for adding the Europa Analytics Webtools snippet to all their pages and making sure all their pages are correctly tracked
- Only the tracking code provided by Europa Analytics should be used.
Inclusion of a website in Europa Analytics
Europa Analytics is dedicated to monitoring the European Commission web presence (publicly available websites).
- In order to start the tracking of a website, a request must be sent to COMM Europa Management
- Approval is required from a Europa Forum member or Head of communication Unit
- The Europa Analytics team will analyze the request and provide the necessary documentation/steps to ensure website inclusion
- The Europa Analytics team will help on the configuration of a dedicated plugin that will add theEA Webtools snippet to the website, provided the website is managed by the Europa Web Publishing Platform (Drupal provided by DG Informatics).
On every page of the website, there must be:
- a link to the legal notice (see links for EC branded sites or EU branded sites)
- if a dedicated legal notice is also used, it must include the points concerning Europa Analytics present in the EC legal notice and the opt-out mechanism
- the EA Webtools snippet that ensures the website correct tracking. Only the tracking code provided by Europa Analytics should be used.
- playground websites
- password-protected websites with confidential and/or classified content
- intranet websites (Service provided by DG Human Resources: https://myintracomm.ec.europa.eu/statistics/Pages/index.aspx).
The Europa Analytics reporting tool is accessible to European Commission staff using EU login. It is also accessible for external sub-contractors, by request and approval. Please see below.
- Sub-contractors must create an EU Login account
- Sub-contractors must log in to Europa Analytics
- an error message will be displayed
- A request has to be sent COMM Europa Management
- A new ticket will be created with the EA Team
- User access request will be reviewed
- express authorisation has to granted by the website Owner/Administrator (European Commission staff member).
Individual and group coaching sessions tailored to the user's needs are provided on demand.
Send an email to COMM Europa Management in order to request a session and discuss a meeting schedule.
Contact and support
Need further assistance on this topic? Please contact the team in charge of Europa Domain Management (EU Login required).
Click here to subscribe to Europa Analytics newsletter