The topics covered on European Commission websites such as news, events, funding, publications are common items to many websites. In this section, these topics are called types of content.
This section aims at listing the rules (following "must" in the text) and the recommendations (following "should" in the text) that DGs and Executive Agencies have to comply in order to create high quality websites in order to achieve consistency across the European Commission's web presence.
when using the the Corporate Europa Web Publishing Platform (EWPP), content types are available to display most types of content. they help:
- structure content in a consistent way
- make sure the necessary metadata and content elements are there
- help content producers in their work:
- information is portable across formats, for users to consume in a way that works for them
- content types offered at platform level help avoid costs that would be incurred if DGs developed their own content types, as well as the associated duplication and maintenance costs
However, content types will not be available for all items of a website nor on all platforms (CMS). It is still strongly recommended to display content in a consistent way as described in this section when the content type is not available. When there is a content type available for a specific type of content, we will refer to it.
Learn more about how you display: