All videos in the European Commission websites must be
- played using the Europa video player
- published on the Audiovisual Portal
The Europa video player and Audiovisual Portal are managed by the Audiovisual Services (DG Communication/A4).
The Europa video player provides an easy way to integrate video files on web pages and works on any device and browsing platform (web, mobile, apps...) .
- multi-browsers: IE10+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Vivaldi, Opera
- multiple audio tracks
- subtitling feature (SRT and VTT format)
- Europa analytics integration
- virtual reality and 360° video
streaming format: HLS and progressive MP4
- MPEG-DASH support
- no installation required (central tool)
- based on HTML5 and keeps a Flash component to serve some social media platforms (mainly Facebook) which don’t accept third party players
- this service doesn't require cookies
Watch this online tutorial to find out more about the main features of the Europa video player.
Centrally stored videos
Follow the central deposit procedure (EU Login required) to publish videos on the Audiovisual Portal and play them on your website.
Locally stored videos
Locally stored videos are not allowed for contents produced or purchased by the services of the Commission.
They must be hosted on DG Communication's Audiovisual Library by decision of the Central Communication Steering Committee of 6 November 2018.