Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Thursday, 29th of November 2018, 10:00-11:30 CET

Connection details:

Agenda

TimeAgenda itemDocument(s)
10:00-10:05Welcome and approval of the agenda
10:05-10:10Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement)52nd MIG-T meeting Paris 2018-10-24+25
10:10-10:30De-briefing MIG meeting #9 and INSPIRE Committee #159th MIG meeting 2018-11-26/27
10:30-11:00

MIWP actions status reports

  • 2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters
  • 2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic Viewer
  • 2017.1 Master Guidance
  • 2017.2 Alternative Encodings
  • 2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data
  • 2017.4 Validation & conformity testing
  • 2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019
  • Registry and register federation
  • Geoportal

[DOC6-11] in 9th MIG meeting 2018-11-26/27


11:00-11:10

Update on SDW activities

  • Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)
  • Action 3 (WFS 3.0)
  • Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)
  • Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)
11:10-11:15

News from standardisation bodies

[DOC12]_News from Standardisation Bodies.pdf
11:15-11:30AOB / Information points

Draft Minutes

The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using checkboxes and are tracked in the "Open actions" section below.

The meeting was attended by experts from ES, EE, DE, IE, FR, RS, IT, LU, CZ, NL, NO, DK, AT, EEA, DG ENV and JRC.

Agenda itemNotes / Actions
Welcome and approval of the agenda & previous meeting minutes,

The agenda was approved without changes.

Minutes of the previous meetingsThe minutes of the previous meeting were approved without changes.
De-briefing MIG meeting #9 and INSPIRE Committee #15
  • The new Monitoring and reporting Decision has been adopted unanimously by the Committee and is planned to be adopted in spring.
  • The proposed amendment text of the IRs for data interoperability was welcomed by the MIG and Committee. Member States can provide comments on the draft text and provide further input/clarifications on issues that were unclear until the end of January. The EC will take these comments into account to develop a mature draft, which will be discussed with other EC services in the early spring 2019.
  • A new action 2019.2 on improving the availability of data sets through services was endorsed and will kick of with the Geoportal workshop in January.
  • There was an overall high level of appreciation for and satisfaction with the INSPIRE Conference 2018 (based on the results of the same sli.do polls as used at the MIG-T meeting). The many interesting presentation show an increasing number of use cases and practical results. Also the link to the EU’s Digital Agenda and environmental police is strong and growing. All presentations are available on the INSPIRE webpage.
  • The thematic support through the Thematic clusters platform run by the JRC was subject to a review and suggestions were made on how to direct support efforts in the future. Many participants were vocal and positive about the existing mechanism. Also, the proposals for the future were widely supported (see sli.do results to be shared on the meeting page). The support by facilitators will continue until the end of 2020.
  • The issue of Open data and licencing was a recurring theme in the meeting. The DG ENV study on the Art. 17 which is in its final stages received some attention because it shows the diversity of approaches on licencing and reusing of data and the obstacle that this creates. Also presentations from FR, LU, IE were interesting all arguing for an “open data” approach and showcasing how this can be done.
  • Further details can be found in the background documents.on the meeting page. Please note that [DOC3] Update on Commission Initiatives will be updated in the course of December to cover points 3) Study of INSPIRE data sharing, access and use (Article17 and related provisions) and 4) Copernicus – latest developments.

2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters

See de-briefing MIG meeting #9.
2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic ViewerThe progress of making priority data sets available is significant for several MS and some are clearly frontrunners (ES, PT, LU) whilst some still have not started (5 MS). A new technical solution will be discussed (new action 2019.2) which should improve the finding of the datasets when harvesting the national geoportals. Many poor performing MS were very grateful for this initiative. The Commission also made it clear that it will not wait forever until all MS deliver on these minimum requirements which result from obligations which have already expired some years ago. The new Thematic Viewer of the JRC Geoportal was very much appreciated and will allow easy and real-time monitoring of progress. Finally, the work of the EEA work on linking INSPIRE closer to reporting (action 2016.5. and Reportnet 3.0) is widely supported and seems to have resolved a year-long dispute in this area. Overall, there is widespread appreciation and support for the environmentally-focussed activities set up since 2016.
2017.1 Master GuidanceThis action is on hold and will be picked up in 2019.
2017.2 Alternative EncodingsThe contractors for 2017.2 and 2017.3 (a consortium of WeTransform and Epsilon Italia) have started work on this issue. First drafts of the Good Practice documents to be prepared by the action will be discussed in the face-to-face meeting on 17-18 December.
2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE dataThe contractors for 2017.2 and 2017.3 have started work on this issue.
2017.4 Validation & conformity testingThe sub-group has started more regular meetings and has started providing feedback on improvement proposals for the ETF validator in the new Community space on Github.
2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019The sub-group will meet on 4-5 December to discuss practical details of implementing the new M&R Decision.
Register and registriesNo news were reported.
Geoportal

There has been great interest in the workshop with contact points of national discovery services / catalogues in January in Ispra, which will be attended by all and almost all EFTA countries.

The JRC has sent out a questionnaire to participants to prepare for the workshop. It is particular important to document any deviations from the current approach used by the geoportal to establish links between data sets and services.

SDW Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)See follow-up action 2019.2 endorsed by the MIG.
SDW Action 3 (WFS 3.0)No news were reported.
SDW Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)No news were reported.
SDW Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)No news were reported.
News from standardisation bodiesNo news were reported.
AOB / Information points
  • On 11-12 December, a workshop in Ispra will be presenting and discussing the outcomes of the study on improving national environmental information and harvesting data. It is still possible to participate. In this third workshop we will continue the discussions on what is considered to be good practice for active dissemination of environmental information. Current practices in all Member States will be captured through overview fiches. These will provide a snapshot on the state of play of environmental portals in Member States and will guide the project team to define guidance to improve active dissemination. Stakeholder and participants' feedback is crucial to get the fact correct and to tailor the envisaged guidance documents to the users' needs. We will also discuss how this can benefit the citizens, Member States and the EU level. For more information and to register for the workshop please visit http://www.eis-data.eu.
  • The next MIG-T meeting will take place on 31 January 2019.

Open Actions

Task report

Looking good, no incomplete tasks.